Sunday 23 August 2015

Adventures in North Devon

As many of you know, I spent the past week in North Devon, combining some training with a final chance to do not a lot before I head off to Peru.

Day 1: A 7-mile walk around Croyde, during which we stopped briefly for lunch overlooking this:


And later walked above Woolacombe beach:


If you can't get to altitude, bring altitude to you. Guess how my tan turned out that day
...

Day 2: From Mortehoe to Bull Point via Lee Bay. We ate lunch looking at this:


And I bought a stylish sun hat. 


Our third day's walk took us from Velator Quay almost into Braunton. It was a bit boring after the first hour, so I don't have any photos, but we took my brand new walking poles, which turned out to be a solid purchase.

Overall a decent week training - no blisters, and I know where my aches are going to come from!

The second tasting


Having returned yesterday afternoon, I grabbed a couple of hours' respite in my parents' back garden before heading out to deliver a wine tasting for some friends. We took advantage of the beautiful evening, and after some chaos involving a lively pug and a terrified moggy, we went through six wines and a lot of cheese, finishing the evening with a game of Cards Against Humanity. A tidy total of £60 was raised thanks to their generosity.

Which leads me to my grand total. Since signing up for the trek in January, I have raised a staggering £1,705. This is far, far beyond my expectations, and I'm hugely grateful to everyone who has donated for their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment